Wednesday, May 7, 2008

And Speaking Of Charismatic Scotsmen...

... in honor of our friend DCTrojan here's Mr. Charismatic Scotsman himself. I have no idea what his name is, but we ran into him at the Derby on our way over to the paddock. I chatted him up, and it turns out that he and his friend flew all the way over from the old country just to go to the Kentucky Derby. Then I asked him, "so- Celtic or Rangers?" and he said, "nae- Aberdeen!". I said "ahhh, then you like Fergie" to which he said "aye. They {ManUtd} won today, ye know, 4-1". And that's how I learned that Arsenal's EPL season was mathematically over. We chatted some more and that was that.

Fast forward a few hours...

We're making our way out of Churchill Downs after the final race, and we see him and a friend similarly dressed. We're in the happy zone so I go over and start singing an Aberdeen chant and he starts dancing a jig with me! It was awesome.


And I thought I was pimped out...

Unfortunately before I could get the camera out of my back pocket and over to The Hit, my jig with him had ended. But we did capture jig #2 with him & his mate with me & my crew singing in the background. Everyone was fully liquidated and having a grand old time. Top shelf, man.


A jolly good lad he was, nae a bad bone in im.

No comments: