Wednesday, May 30, 2007

It's A Triple Celebration, Bitches.

After work today, it's over to the pub across the street to meet up with los amigos del Kanu. "Porque" you ask?

1) To celebrate via consumption of beer that I do not have herpes. A friend of mine has challenged me to stand up in the bar and pronounce loudly to the entire establishment at the top of my voice "I don't have herpes!!!" Not sure about that one, but you never know when alcohol is involved.

2) To celebrate the birthday of my good mate John John, who as of today has managed to accomplish what Jesus of Nazareth and Alexander The Great each failed to do: live to see their 34th birthday. Happy Birthday and congrats John John.

3) From the pub I'm walking over to the Bill Graham Civic Center to see Manu Chao in concert. I am very jacked about this because I really dig him and his music, and am also excited to check out this supposedly cool venue for the first time. Dude sings in Spanish, French, English, Arabic, and Portugese, has a cool ass voice, a great high energy vibe, and a Bob Marley/Che Guevara esque power to the people, anti establishment message.

Here's a taste for Manu Chao noobs:


Desaparecido


Mr. Bobby

Shit, this will get me through to Thursday. Short work weeks absolutely rule.

Sequoia Nat'l Park/Kings Canyon Nat'l Park trip recaps tomorrow. Hopefully...

No comments: