Friday, October 20, 2006

Happy Weekend: Mother Nature 1, College Football 0 Edition

No CFB for Kanu this weekend; I'm off to the north shore of Tahoe for a Griswold family weekend. All things considered it is a pretty good weekend to give up football for, you know, spending QT with your family, as the slate of games is relatively uninspiring. Georgia did their part by not even being on TV at all.

The best part of all? I get to eat Chick-Fil-A today. Don't think I haven't been dreaming about it all week...


Forgive me Truett for I have sinned;
it has been 4 months since my last #1 Combo meal
with extra pickle Value-sized with a sweet tea.

Hopefully I can stockpile enough serenity and inner peace from the beautiful blue waters of Lake Tahoe this weekend to help me get through the turn-back-the-clock-to-1998 asskicking to come next Saturday at the hands of the Gators.


Peaceful, serene, beautiful, and inspiring:
it's everything that Georgia football currently isn't.

Arsenal have a tricky match away to Reading, who have shown that they can go toe to toe with even the big boys of the Prem. Full points please.

Oh, and if you only do one thing this weekend, be sure to stop over at EDSBS and listen to and/or download the Lee Corso "Love TKO" Slo Jam remix as performed by Orson Swindle. It is a thing of pure beauty.

Y'all have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny you should post this. That very Friday night, we went to the opening game for the Gwinnett Gladiators. We took my mom and at some low point in the second period, the people in front of us were pointing at us and saying 'It's you.' We had no clue what was going on. Then they did it again and I realized the new sponsor for the Goal in a minute was CFA and my mom was picked to win. If the Glads scored a goal in the following 60 seconds, she would have won CFA for a year! The first person I thought of was Kanu! That would be as good as the powerball for him. Well, the Glads kept hooking and interfering and they never restarted the clock. So no winner this time. Bummer.

BTW, Cari had a good observation the last time I was relaying your CFA tavails. She said you could extend your bliss by buying a gallon of sweet tea and having it at home. Should last you at least another day!

Kanu said...

Bought a gallon on Friday afternoon, my man. All over it.

Free CFA for a year. Wow.

Between "Chuck-A-Puck" and that, the Gladiators have some creative minds in the marketing dept.