Friday, June 1, 2007

Feel Good Friday: Manu Chao En Vivo

So last weekend when I was in the National Parks I had a lot of time to think about a lot of things, and one very minor thing that I decided was the need to start combining my love of music and my love of work weeks coming to an end, and start a new segment called "Feel Good Friday". It was a stream of consciousness thing, as I was driving through Sequoia and "Mellow Mood" by Slightly Stoopid/G. Love came on, which made me think that I posted it a few weeks ago on a Friday to get into weekend/tranquilo mode, which then made me think that I would like to do that every week. And with 35 gb and counting on my 80 gb iPod, coming up with a feel good song or two each week should be cake.

And since I went to see Manu Chao in concert on Wednesday night, which was absolutely awesome by the way, and he is the modern day Bob Marley of socially conscious international feel good music, I figured we would start with him, especially since someone who got much closer to the stage than I did posted vids of the very concert I was at on YouTube. So here's Clandestino, Desaparecido, and El Viento from the other night; dude on the spanish guitar is a total badass. The only minor downer was that the sound effect from the video game Galaga that happens when the enemy fighters bomb you, that he uses on a whole bunch of his tunes, didn't make it into the live show, but it was still outstanding without the early 80s classic video game sweetness.

So get your hands on one or more of the albums Clandestino, Proxima Estacion: Esperanza, and Radio Bemba Sound System, and if he comes to a town near you definitely go check it out. Extremely high energy, great musica, and a great time.

Enjoy, happy weekend, or in this case, feliz fin de semana.


Clandestino


Desaparecido


El Viento

No comments: