Thursday, May 18, 2006

If This Isn't True Then I Want To Kick The Balls
Of Whomever Is Spreading It

There are reports flying around the internets tonight that Thierry Henry has chosen to remain at Arsenal and sign a 4 year contract extension, but there is no official word on the club's website and/or 'major' media outlets (all apologies to The Sun, but it is a total and complete joke).

This story is from Reuters, and after the Vieira sagas of 2002-2005, I only hope that I wake up in the morning to find out that it is true rather than something completely fabricated by someone in the media. The "I love Barcelona but..." quote is really over the top if you consider all of the comments that he has actually made over the last 36 hours re: Barca 2-1 Arsenal, so I fear that this might be one of those completely made up soccer tabloid stories. After all, it is a Rupert Murdoch owned news outlet, and we all know how accurate they can be.

***Update: I guess this means it is your balls that are on the line, Shaun Custis.

Although I continue to maintain my firm belief that TH14 will stay, I won't be convinced until I read the official release from the club.

Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe it...

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=news&article=388383&cpid=703&title=Henry+set+for+new+deal+after+committing+future+to+Arsenal

Nice.

Anonymous said...

And all is good and right with the world once again. :)