Saturday, March 8, 2008

3 Years Ago Today...

... I drove across the Bay Bridge and arrived in SF for a new chapter of my life.

Back then I wrote to my friends:

"Go West
Paradise is there
You'll have all that you can eat
Of milk and honey over there

You'll be the brightest star
The world has ever seen
The dizzy height of the jet-set life
You could never dream"

So begins the song 'San Andreas Fault' by Natalie Merchant, and in the past 4+ years I have listened to it hundreds of times, always dreaming of the day I finally made my move. So it was pretty surreal last night to put it on and listen to it as I drove across the Bay Bridge and entered SF for the first time as a resident. Plus it was nice to have the 2600 mile, 4 day, 44 hours in the car drive behind me.

My how time flies- so cliche, but it's really hard to believe that it's been three years. I love it here, and plan to stay as long as I can afford it {although with gas at $3.75 and rising, forget $4 gas this summer like people are saying, mehtinks here in Cali we'll see $4.25 and maybe even $4.50. Good thing I walk to work...}

And I'd be lying if I didn't report that just in the last couple of months I have actually said "hella" a few times without consciously stopping myself. Yikes.

Really looking forward to year 4 as a Cali native- I have tons of new adventures in the works.

No comments: