Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Galavision To The Rescue

If ESPN flakes and doesn't pickup the U20 World Cup US-Uruguay match, and like me you don't have ESPNU, then fear not- Galavision is showing it.

The match starts at 4.45 p.m. PST, and Argentina-Mexico Copa America semifinal kicks off at 5.50 p.m. PST over on Univision.

I wanted to do a preview and a writeup about some Freddy Adu thoughts I've had in the last week, but work intervened today; hopefully I can crank that out in the next day or two.

Here's a great preview of the Round of 16 by Bobbeh.

Enjoy.

3 comments:

beast in 'bama said...

I've been watching this a lot on ESPNU (not trying to rub it in - really). They've pretty much turned the channel over to this tournament for the past week.

It's been entertaining. The young guys seem to go balls to the wall much more than their older counterparts. They make a LOT of stupid mistakes (as required of all young men), but make up for it with boundless energy.

I like what I've seen from the U.S. so far - do we really have a chance at winning this thing? And more importantly, does this bode well for the future of the U.S. national team in big matches outside of CONCACAF?

beast in 'bama said...

Sorry for the questions. Just read your post below about this same topic. I've been out of pocket most of this week.

I hope we get to see them face Brazil again in the semis. You KNOW Brazil will at least make the semis.

beast in 'bama said...

Today's not my day...just read where Spain eliminated the Brazilians last night.