Saturday, May 5, 2007

FUCK YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

All hail STREET SENSE, winner if the 133rd Kentucky Derby.


Winner, winner, Cajun chicken dinner

I'm sure my neighbors are thinking "what the fuck?", as I just jumped up and down and screamed at the TV for STREET SENSE after he made that insane move on the rail right after race announce Tom Durkin dramatically called that he was 19th out of the 20 horses which made you wonder whether he was pulled up. I screamed and yelled him all the way home and then screamed and hollered some more after he crossed the wire. I might have a few complaint notes in my mailbox on Monday, but fuck it, I had the winner $10 across at 9-2, so I think that will be a little over $100.

Here's the race in case you missed it:



Holy shit what a move on the rail by Calvin Borel, who so loves the rail that he is often referred to as Calvin Bo-rail. Just amazing to see the replay from the overhead blimp cam and see all of those horses get bunched up with each other just off the rail and leave just enough room for Street Sense to get through. That happens so rarely that for it to happen in the world's biggest race is just unbelieveable.

Nothing beats having the Derby winner and cashing a tickets on him. The only thing better would have been if I was there. My 4th winner {Silver Charm 1997, Funny Cide 2003, Smarty Jones 2004, Street Sense 2007} and 3rd in the last 5 years.

Congrats to all the connections, Nafzger the great trainer, Borel, a jockey that I really like and I'm so happy for him that he has achieved the greatest accomplishment that a jockey can have on his resume.

The jinx is also over: STREET SENSE is the very first Breeders Cup Juvenile champion to win the Derby, and the first Juvenile champions since Spectacular Bid in 1979 to win the Derby.

Official results:

STREET SENSE
$11.80 to win
$6.40 to place
$4.60 to show

HARD SPUN
$9.80 to place
$7.00 to show

CURLIN
$5.60 to show

I think that means that I'm cashing $114 after laying out $38, for a nice little profit. Many thanks to Solon {and congrats as well for he had a nice win bet on STREET SENSE too} for facilitating my bets; I will be buying you dinner for that.

High on life right now. I'm off to celebrate...

No comments: