Thursday, March 22, 2007

Chalkier Than A Mouthful Of Tums

This is the chalkiest {read: favored teams winning} NCAA Tournament I can ever remember.

My records only go back to 1991, and I don't have time to check it, but I am guessing that this is the chalkiest state of affairs at this point in the tournament since the introduction of the 3 point line in 1987. Before tonight I noticed that this is the first time since 1995 that not a single double digit seed made it to the Sweet 16. We are also staring at potentially the first year without anything below a 3 seed in the Elite Eight since, well, shit - I don't know, my stats only go back to 1991 so at least before that.


March Madness 07: chalky as hell

Tonight I thought some lower seeds had a chance, but A&M totally bottled it at the end, and 5 seed Tennessee managed to somehow squander a 20 point lead with their opponents best player by a mile having 3 fouls in the first half - amazing.

1v2 and 1v2 on one half, and we may very well end up with 1v2 and 1v3 in the other half tomorrow. Can USC, UNLV, Butler or Vandy actually upset a top seed, or is this the year of the chalk?

No comments: