Saturday, May 3, 2008

Happy Derby Day!!!

All the rain is gone. It's 75 degrees, sunny, with a bright blue sky and that famous Kentucky green. The dogwoods are in full bloom. And despite getting home last night and going to bed at 6 a.m., I got 5 full hours of sleep, the most since Monday night.

We're rolling to the track now, hope to be there by the 7th race.

To the 2 people who actually care, I'm very sorry that I ran out of time this week and never got to post my thoughts on the Derby.

Paul Westerdawg just texted me saying that he & his bro have successfully snuck into the 300 club level, and that "a fella could get used to this."

We're off, but you can follow the goings on vis Twitter, both myself and The Hit.

Derby post is 6.04 p.m. EST, and I believe the NBC coverage comes on at 5 p.m. EST.

Have a wonderful Derby Day.

I need about an hour alone with the racing form, but I like Colonel John {liberal elite California horse} an Court Vision {ultimate horses for courses- horse LOVES the CD track}.

Have a great day; we will drink a julep or 3 for you all.

No comments: