Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Derby 134 Post Position Draw Today at 2 p.m. PST

The field of 20 will draw for Post Position today at 2 p.m. PST on ESPN2, or you can follow it live at KentuckyDerby.com. This is extremely important, especially for the favorites, as drawing a bad post can be the kiss of death. Bad posts include the extreme outside, 19 & 20, as well as the rail, 1. After the draw the Derby field will be set, barring scratches.

I'm very sorry about my lack of Derby writings- the last 3 weeks have been beyond insane. I plan to remedy that today however, as I leave work and life behind and bring my laptop on my cross country journey to Louisville later today. I will have stuff up tonight depending on internet access at SFO & the Denver airport, and more tomorrow and Friday as well.

In the meantime, if you can only read one dude, that dude should be Steve Haskin and his Derby Reports, provided that you can handle some of the horse racing terminology- bar none he is the best out there. Also, The Bloodhorse is the best site as well, so hook that up before you hit DRF or the official Derby site.

Finally, I'm foregoing the Arsenal jersey and shorts route this year, which means one thing, and one thing only: pimpin'. Here's a little preview in the form of the shoes I picked up yesterday.


That's Mr. Two Tone Blue Gators to you, son.

I'm off to the airport, beyond geeked.

Laters.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are definitely medium pimpin'.

beast in 'bama said...

If only those blue Gators had just a little bit of orange? ;)

Personally, I'm the guy who would (and has) gone to the track just to watch the horses run - without betting a dime. That's about the extent of my interest in the Triple Crown, but I at least watch the Derby every year anyway.

I do know this - World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party has nothing on the 'Ville the first Saturday in May. Have fun. And drink responsibly.

Unknown said...

Those shoes are off the damn chain.

I'm in awe.

jakldawg said...

Those shoes are beyond awesome. Will you do your partying on Bardstown Rd. or on 4th Street? As for Saturday, I'll be in the infield being amused by the drunks.

Kanu said...

Sitting on a plane, buzzed, attempting the 1st ever comment from the BB.

Thursday night we'll be @ O'Sheas drinking yards of black & tan. Friday night we'll be at Phoenix Hill Tavern, & PWD is going to come through. So, Bardstown it is. Come on any & all.

Frontier Airlines, get my ass to The 'Ville, pronto.

C. Todd Davis said...

While the shoes are somefin else, the outfit better bring it or the kicks will be nothing more than wasted potential or all flare and no substance a la Baby Jordan (Harold Miner).