Thursday, March 22, 2007

Ulterior Motive

The thinly veiled ostensible raison d'etre of this post:

I have always found cricket intriguing but at the same time ridiculously difficult to understand. A few years back I came across "Cricket Explained {An American Viewpoint}" which does a very good job of explaining the basics. Additionally there is a decent pictorial guide to cricket here, and another decent introductory article here which also has links to coverage of the 2007 Cricket World Cup.

The real motivation for this post:


Any sporting competition with this in their opening
ceremony cannot be completely written off

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you aren't the only American watching the world cup - I'm sitting at my laptop following the Sri Lanka-India match online rather than considering the British national debt in the 18th century and its effect on naval budgets (as I ought to be, ahem.)

On the other hand, I have three solid excuses for cricket watching :
- my father is posted at the embassy in Barbados
- I played pick-up cricket as a kid
- I was personally acquainted with a former Sri Lankan international

How about you?