Friday, December 15, 2006

I'm Twisted Like Keith Sweat

Well, not quite, but it's the first thing that popped into my head.

Arsenal-Portsmouth.
7 a.m. PST. Setanta Sports USA

Obviously I want Arsenal to win, but of course Kanu plays for Portsmouth. I also really like Portsmouth - they're probably my 2nd favorite club. Amazing and classy fan support- they sing their asses off even when they are down 0-5 after 57 minutes, Kanu is having a renaissance there - leading the EPL in goals, Sol Campbell is playing well for them, and how can you not love their manager 'Arry Redknapp? The most entertaing manager out there, and a Londoner who has supported Arsenal since he was a wee lad.

So I'm not quite Ann Bowden or Brady Quinn's sister, meaning that you wont see 58,000 camera shots of me in the crowd with a homemade 1/2 Arsenal- 1/2 Portsmouth kit and 12 pounds of makeup on my face, acting overly dramatic and emotional because I know that they cameras are showing me 58,000 times.


Thankfully it won't be this awful

But it is a little tricky when your co-favorite footballer (PV4 of course) is going up against the team you love. I'll just rock the red Arsenal K25 kit and go easy on the makeup.

So here's hoping Arsenal win 5-3 with Kanu getting a hattrick. Shit, make it 6-3. Hopefully it will be better than last year, when Kanu scored for West Brom as they beat Arsenal 2-1. Don't want to see that again.


Score all you want, my man, as long as it's in a losing effort.

Come on you Gunners!

No comments: