Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Am I baked?

Clemson is only -4 at Va Tech tomorrow night? Did Spiller and Davis both break legs? Is Mike Vick playing for VT? WTF?

Seems like the taking-candy-from-a-baby bet of the year.

The craziest thing is that it opened at -5 and has gone DOWN since Sunday night.

Forget the transitive property (Clem rolled GT, GT rolled VT at VT), because CFB isn't quite that simple. But if you have watched these two teams play this year one thing is clear: Clemson is very good, and VT is not; VT has played 2 teams this year with a pulse (GT, BC) and hot drilled by both. My man Ron Burgundy would say "it's science".

So yeah, I am to Clemson -4 what the housewife in Napoleon Dynamite is to the ship-in-a -bottle that comes with the 32 piece set: "I want that".

The rest of the Week 9 Useless Picks later.


***Update***



What. The. Fuck?

(now formerly) #1 offense in the country: NINE 3 & outs, SEVEN 1st downs, 166 total yards?

This isn't the pre-November meltdown VT D of years gone by, but apparently last night it was.

Apparently I wasn't the only one baked out of my tree - the Clemson offense and coaching staff appeared to be as well. I imagine their bus up to Blacksburg resembled a Cheech & Chong or Dazed & Confused van - clouded out.

Whatever, dude. Shut up and puff, puff, pass...

5 comments:

Astronaut Mike Dexter said...

I don't know . . . this seems like a prime letdown opportunity for Clemson, and Lane Stadium has traditionally been a very tough place to play (although I guess it wasn't for GT earlier in the season). I'd pick Clemson if you put a gun to my head, but otherwise I wouldn't touch this one with a 10-foot pole.

Anonymous said...

I don't care if Clemson beats the spread so long as they beat VT. It's possible that VT might win this one, but that depends in part on whether they have trained the QB to spot people coming right at him from the front with a sack on their mind...

Anonymous said...

Nice update. I am stunned. I don't care for VT, but I must respect such a comprehensive beating. Everyone on the Clemson sideline looked beaten by about 8.30 in the third quarter.

Anonymous said...

Damn, that update might be the funniest thing you've posted yet--and that's saying something.

Is that Vandy from 286?

Anonymous said...

That game pretty much sums up what it means to be a Clemson fan in a nutshell, forever on the precipous of maybe finally getting over the hill only to be reminded that, yes, you are still coached by a Bowden.

Heh.